Friday night we did a little grocery shopping and then went to bed. We were all exhausted! Yesterday was a blast. We woke up too early (Mary Ann and I were up by 6:30am... and Julia shortly thereafter) for vacation. Julia informed us her kitty ran away in the middle of the night, so spent a good 45 minute wondering her neighborhood looking for him... but no kitty. :( So we went to work out. ***Side note: I am both blessed and cursed to have friends who, even when I'm on vacation, encourage me to work out... mostly by doing it themselves. They truly lead by example!***After workouts we showered, got ready and headed to Jackson Hole.
It was a fabulous day! We had a beautiful drive through "God's country". ;) It really was gorgeous. I've decided I could definitely live in this area. The first thing we did when we got into Jackson was go on an alpine slide. It was mine and Julia's first time and Mary Ann's second. We took a chairlift up to the top of this mountain with a spectacular view!
And then we got to slide down... it made us all feel like kids again (please see exhibit A... Mary Ann's face in the following picture!)
Then we headed into town and had fun looking at shops (and, of course, doing a little shopping), meeting Big Foot (quite an honor) & taking lots of pictures (the ones below is taken in front of the arches in the town square - they're made of elk antlers! Very cool!)
We stumbled across a chocloate shop while wandering and Julia pulled us in. You know... I could have resisted until I was in there with temptation staring me in the face. What's that thing they say in the church... avoid putting yourself in compromising situations... Anyway, it ended up being some of the best candy ever. Their Raspberry Cream covered in Dark Chocolate was to die for! Below is Mary Ann and I enjoying the last few bites... Uh... heaven...
We couldn't resist going and getting an "Old Time Photo". Julia and Mary Ann had never done one before, and it has been years since I have (remember that, Claire?). It was so much fun. I mean how can you not have a ball when you're laced up so tight in corsets you can hardly breathe and you're wearing bloomers! :) Oh and we totally loved the "frame" it came in. Apparently we are ladies of breeding... meaning we are well bred. Is that any better than the alternative??? Hmm.... something to ponder...
Then we set out on a quest to find a place for dinner. We visited several locations, including the “Million Dollar Cowboy Bar” (see pics below), but settled on Bubba’s BBQ. Not everything was amazing… but the stuff that was, was DELICIOUS! Seriously some of the best fries I’ve ever had!
The drive home was pretty and uneventful, a lovely combination. We were all beat so we went to bed pretty early. Oh! And good news... Julia's kitty came home! 4:30am... and wouldn't stop mewing once he did... but we're just happy he's back! :) More to come soon!
Looks like you ladies had so much fun! Wish I could have been there. I love the pictures! You all look so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that I can hear about your trip from this site.
ReplyDeleteSure looks like fun. Jackson Hole must be a great place, but then I wouldn't really know, would I?
ReplyDelete