Thursday, June 10, 2010

Celebrating Sunday!

I wasn't able to write much for the rest of my girls trip... so now I'm catchin' up... starting with Sunday!

Sunday was a great day. Julia's kitty came home, (after a 24+hour adventure in "the wild"), at 4:30 in the morning. I'm sure after all the excitement he was happy to be home and decided to show his enthusiasm by mewing ALL morning. By 5:30am I knew I was not going to be able to sleep anymore so I got up. I figured there was no sense in having all three of us get no sleep! I tried to calm Oliver, the kitty, down but to no avail. He kept going over and standing by Julia's bedroom door. I thought he just wanted Julia but we realized later that he was looking for Devin. Oh well... we were just happy to have him home!

We went to Julia's ward on Sunday and got to watch her teach Sunday School to two very nice thirteen year old boys. They were very much 13 year old boys... sat there unengaged and trying to stay focused. But Julia handled them so well! It was fabulous to watch her in a teaching position. I was very impressed! You could feel the love she has for them!

We skipped Relief Society to come home and nap before going to Rigby to see Jeremy's family. We got to watch Aunt Karla teach RS in their ward and then we headed over to the house to have family dinner. Before dinner we walked around outside and hung out with the horses! Julia and I loves horses and while Mary Ann claimed to have a love-hate relationship with them but I suspect she enjoyed it too.

Then we had a fabulous BBQ and were introduced to cookie salad! (If I can find that reicpe on line I'm FOR SURE posting it on our recipe blog!) It was wonderful! Both Julia and Mary Ann commented afterwards how easy it was to feel comfortable and "at home" with Jeremy's family. I am very blessed with a wonderful family-in-law! We got to play with Candace's (Jeremy's cousin) twin boys and the evening was made complete with a piano performance by Julia, and Mary Ann showing off her talent of standing on her tippy toes (slightly creepy)! All in all it was a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe how Mary Ann doesn't even look like she's exerting herself in the picture!! She's just chillin' on her tippy toes. Lol! Well, it looks like you guys had fun with Jeremy's family and the cute horsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? That's what I said... slightly creepy. :) We did have fun... the rest of the trip will be posted soon. Sure did miss you!

    ReplyDelete